Vitamin D is the “hot” vitamin of the day. There's a pretty good reason that it is:
- 50% of the GLOBAL population is at risk for Vitamin D deficiency! (1)
- 80% of the Polish population is deficient! (2)
- 83% of Polish newborns are born deficient because 78% of their mothers are deficient. (2)
Chiropractic Associates stresses that all of us Preston folks need to check our Vitamin D levels and proclaim:
“We need Vitamin D!”
Chiropractic Associates sees Vitamin D’s acclaim by all of the news reports and commercials on TV - a benefit of our media we can applaud.
Vitamin D deficiency can change our skin, bone, mental state, and more. It puts us at risk for cancer, cardiovascular disease, autoimmune disease, and infectious diseases. (1) It’s amazing that one nutrient can have such influence, but vitamin D does. Chiropractic Associates encourages Preston chiropractic patients to keep their vitamin D levels high to avoid the pitfalls of suffering with a Vitamin D deficiency.
Improving Vitamin D levels may help us all in Preston to
- curb depression and Seasonal Affective Disorder. Vitamin D levels fluctuate with the seasons. (3)
- reduce bone fractures and related osteoporosis issues. (1, 4)
- keep our nursing home residents going a bit longer. Elderly folks in Swedish nursing homes are at higher risk of mortality with their Vitamin D deficiencies. (5)
- prevent disease – rickets (children) and osteomalacia (adults). (4, 1)
So Preston chiropractic clients, join Chiropractic Associates in checking our Vitamin D levels and getting some safe sun, eating some Vitamin D rich foods (like salmon, tuna, liver, soy milk), and/or taking supplements to boost our levels. Vitamin D plays a critical role in our overall general health (1, 4) and in our mental state by keeping depression away. (3)
Contact Chiropractic Associates if you are at risk for any of these conditions or want to maximize your system to avoid them! Chiropractic Associates is at hand to help! As an added bonus, your Preston chiropractor will treat your spine, use Cox Technic, and keep your spine and all its related systems strong and functioning maximally!